Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Steve Carell Leaving Hit NBC Comedy The Office After 2010-2011 Season

Steve Carell is leaving the hit NBC comedy The Office after the 2010-2011 season wraps. The show is expected to continue without him.

Carell, 47, has played Michael Scott for seven seasons. “Yes, it will be my last [season],” Carell told reporters at the June 27 premiere of Despicable Me in Hollywood.

“It’s the last on my contract, and I want to honor my contract,” says Steve, who says he wants to spend more time with his wife, Nancy, and two kids: Elisabeth Anne, 9, and John, 6. “I am excited just so I can spend more time with my family.”

Carell became famous for his portrayal of the bumbling office manager Michael Scott in The Office, an American adaptation of the British comedy. He was nominated for 4 Emmy Awards and won a for his work.

“I’m sure I’m going to be very nostalgic [when filming wraps]“, says Steve. “I mean, these are some of my best friends in the world! But it will be good. It will be good for everybody.”

Carell, who has also starred in feature films, including the 2005 hit The 40 Year Old Virgin, says his exit won’t hurt the show’s success.

“The show is great, and the ensemble is so strong, and the writers are great, so it’s just one part of that ensemble drifting off,” he says.

He adds: “They’ve incorporated so many new characters and so many new, great story lines that I have no doubt it’ll continue as strong, if not stronger, than ever.”

No comments:

Post a Comment